View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #15
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I've been playing around with intermittent fasting and low carb/paleo style diets. It's VERY effective from what I can tell.

I'm a pretty active person (dedicated crossfitter 5-6 times a week, ski, hockey and lift on off days) but my diet sucks. I eat anything and everything I can get my hands on, except pop.

The last few months I have been fasting from 8PM to 2PM the next day. My first meal is typically low carb high protein at 2PM, dinner at 5PM which is typically carbs/protein (something like sweet potato, rice and lean meat protein like grass fed beef, fish or chicken) and then from around 6PM to 8PM it's snack time. I'm getting better at it, but I still have my days when ice cream makes its way into my meals. Weird.Same with candy.

Friday night I usually hit up A&W for a beyond burger on the way to Fernie, then eat whatever I can get my hands on Saturday and Sunday AM. Sunday afternoon it's back to fasting.

tl:dr intermittent fasting and reduced carbs works. I've lost 15 lbs the last 3-4 months without major diet changes. Plus I have more time in the AM without having to eat breakfast, so more sleep time.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post: