View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 05:04 PM   #35
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
The people with junk trailers have demolished them. There have been a number of deaths during the past year (Seniors from higher stress and multiple suicides). The park is not majority empty now. They have nowhere to go other than the mustard seed.

My sister and brother in law bought a place there. They were given assurances and approved by the city to purchase the trailer. They even have letters from the city manager in 2012 outlining the plan to move them to east hills and stated the city paid $20 million for the land. Then Nenshi is elected. That's where this all goes downhill. It didn't help that he would refuse to come to public information sessions because he didn't think it was worth his time to hear criticism of his plan. It seems like he is horny for the land just so he can either sell it to condo developers or use the land for the green line.

If you go to the Reddit thread the pamplet the residents got from the city is posted there.
You realize Nenshi only gets 1 vote, just like any other councilor right?
He may be the one that came up with the idea, but anything he wants to do requires 7 councilors to agree with him.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm not even saying that things didn't change when Nenshi became mayor, but to blame it all on him is definitely missing the bigger picture.