View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 11:25 PM   #26
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
"The Inner Light". Many regard it as the best episode. Hard to name my favorite, but possibly "Yesterday's Enterprise", with the return of Tasha Yar and a guest role by Shooter McGavin
"Yesterday's Enterprise" was, imnsho, the turning point for the series. TNG produced a far higher ratio of good-to-great episodes after that one. The back half of season 3 was pretty good... "Sins of the Father" setting up the Duras/Klingon Civil War arc, "The Most Toys" was amusing, and of course, "The Best of Both Worlds".

Aside from the two-parters, which were generally good, most of my favourite episodes focused on characters outside the Picard/Riker/Data troika. "The First Duty" was, unbelievably, a good Wesley episode. Troi had a couple good episodes when they finally stopped treating her as Ms. Fanservice. "Lower Decks" might be my favourite episode from the entire series. And "Preemptive Strike" - the perfect lead-in to Voyager that was later ruined by bad writing and a cast that mailed in their seven seasons.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote