View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #29
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I have to feel optimistic, I'm wired that way, I think this was a very good summer for the Flames so far, with a couple of more what I would consider to be small patches and moves.

But I like the top 6 a lot more then last year.

I think the blueline will offensively take a bit of a step back, but I think defensively it will be better.

I was a bit of a GG supporter, but reflecting back it was a combination of a crippling cocaine addiction and receiving several blows around the head and next area as a youth. Peter's seems to like to play a much more aggressive forward pressure system then GG.

I think this team is faster, but a bit less physical, a lot more skilled, and has a lot more options in terms of offensive zone starts.

I think that we can write off Vancouver and Arizona, I look at Edmonton and if I was a fan of the team I wouldn't be that excited about the upcoming season. I think San Jose is a threat. I think Ana is a threat but they're getting older as is San Jose. I look at the Kings, and they have a great blueline, and probably the best goalie in the Pacific, but I'm not enamoured with their forward group, and I think Kovalchuk will be one of the worst free agent signings in the history of free agent signings. I still look at Vegas, and I think they'll be good, but the clock is going to strike midnight and guys like Karlsson and some of the other break outs are going to step back and teams aren't going to be surprised by them. I also think they're going to miss Neal Its tougher being the hunted then the hunter.

I think the division is wide open for the taking, so why not the Flames.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: