View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #55
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Just wanted to mention to everyone in regards to Filters that pleated filters are NOT the way to go if you are thinking that they are better.

I just finished working 18hrs straight doing service calls. I did about 23 calls and out of the 23 there were 11 that had plugged filters.

All of these filters were pleated and 9 were 3M pleated filters. I replaced 7 motors associated to motors being overworked by lack of airflow. Using a pleated filter will guarantee 25- 30% increase in your electric and gas combined as it takes 25-30% longer to heat your house.

Take into consideration that if your house is 12 to 15 years old your windows, doors, attics insulation, weather stripping and exterior wall outlets are causing a significant amount of heat loss during prolonged cold spells. Using that pleated filter makes it much worse......save money by not paying extra for pleated filters b/c we as consumers get screwed at the till for most everything, using pleated filters for your house raising your utilities bills by your own hand.

Last edited by EVERLAST; 01-16-2012 at 02:42 PM.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post: