Thread: 2019 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #330
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
There was one other news/insight items I meant to comment on. Sorry I’m not posting articles, I’m too lazy. Most everything is from reddit or motorsport.

Basically it has to do with the fact that Perrelli changed their tires this year and they heat up much differently now than they did before. Has to do with the temp of the outside of tire and canvas or inside temps. Long story short, this has helped Merc tremendously, as their one area they’ve struggled the last few years has been their tire temps and tire wear, and has hurt Ferrari because now they are struggling to manage tires and temps.

Unlike some rule changes in the past this one does not appear to have been a result of Merc strong arming to get their way. It’s just a crappy coincidence for the rest of the grid that they benefited.

Hopefully as the season progresses Ferrari can manage tire temps better and get their car working better with tires.

I also read that this is what has been hurting Haas. They can't seem to figure it out and it has obviously dropped them to the bottom of the pool.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote