View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #4720
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
And yes, there are reasons for that type of cinematography and no, they're not for the reasons most are seeing. That's not the audience's fault, though, because that's what the camera is intending. It's where the characters are wanting you to look. It's inevitable when children are permitted and encouraged to perform in a such a highly sexualized environment.
Children should never be permitted/encouraged to perform highly sexualized content, full stop. Especially on film where it'll be distributed to the masses. It's not the audience that's missing the point, it's whoever thought that gratuitously showing kids doing just that was an acceptable way of telling a story. It's not and most of us recognize that, it's objectively not an overreaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
The characters clearly don't understand the impact of their wardrobe and hyper-sexualization. I would give the child actors more credit, though. It's disingenuous to proclaim there's no reason and the children are simply being exploited.
I would argue that it's disingenuous of you to assume that these 11 year old girls recognize the risk they're being put in. That they know exactly how their scenes will be used by the grosses of people. You say that pedos won't pay attention to stuff like this, but it's a hell of way to fly under the radar way to get their preferred content (I literally can't even type out the detail of the content because it grosses me out so much). It's fully promoted and endorsed by Netflix.

Abuse and exploitation are different, i'll give you that. But when you have a handful of young kids sexually exploited on film it's hard to see that line. They were made to perform and be sexual for entertainment. I'd argue that's abusive.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post: