View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #44
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

sorry for bringing this thread up again....

however, the time has come where I have to take our dog in.
in fact, the time is tomorrow afternoon.

Since I orginally posted this thread, our dog's health has become worse. He spends most times coughing a lot due to his enlarged heart pressing on his trachea. Sadly, he has also developed seizures now and had a series of them over the weekend. 5 to be exact, with the last one happening in front of our 11 year old son.

My son totally lost it. The dog was stumbling around dazed and confused and then fell over. He had lost control of his body and it took about 15 minutes before he was able to walk again. Things seem to be getting worse. Recently he has also taken to messing in the house.

I am still struggling with this because at times he seems ok, even with all the coughing and gagging. He spends most of his nights, in our bed, coughing and gagging so much that my wife and I are having trouble sleeping as a result of it.

I struggle with the decision due to my kids and quite frankly I am not real eager to be the one that takes him to the vet tomorrow. But alas, the responsibility is mine and I have accepted it.

We have advised the kids and have talked to them at great length since the original post, but it really doesn;t make the decision any easier.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Sample00 is offline   Reply With Quote