View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #11
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
This is true. BUT - I had been having some very painful issues with my feet and recently found a very qualified therapist at this location who is incredible. I've had I'm sure hundreds of massages over the years and she is by far the best. I don't know how much she makes, but I want to make sure she knows I appreciate the work and training she has put in that allows her to make my life better. I will definitely tip for that in this case.
Here is what I would do. If you are considering staying with that massage therapist for some time and regularly visit them I would develop a relationship and instead of tipping them after each session bring them a gift card periodically for whatever store they might like (Starbucks, liquor store, grocery store, whatever.) Give them a gift at Christmas. Bring them some treats once in a while that they like (chocolate, donuts, whatever.)

Tipping is nice but a bit insincere. A note with a gift card or something else shows a lot more thoughtfulness and appreciation.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote