View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #204
MikeRPG
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
Too bad it seems like Iginla and/or flames ownership have some hard feelings, nothing to substantiate but I get that feeling. Iginla selling his house like the day after he got traded said to me he was done with Calgary for good and I don't think he needs to let up or anything but trying to fight Gio seemed a bit poor.

Bottom line is that the flames could use a right shot with a bit of toughness who as they said can take a draw to add to the young forward group and are lining up like a contending team. Throw in the history and iginla beong the franchise icon... This should be an easy match for a short term deal and somehow isn't even being discussed.
I agree 100%. Ever since the last two seasons he was mopey/down on Calgary. Most likely because of the country club rumours when he was captain.

He's playing with Kotaliks and Jokinens, being lectured by a terrible coach that crams round pegs into square holes and the captain gets ridiculed for a country club attitude. Why would anyone want to come back to that?

Last edited by MikeRPG; 07-02-2017 at 10:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRPG For This Useful Post: