View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 09:14 AM   #1856
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
I love the looks, but it’s more like an El Camino from a functionality perspective. Great for trips to the garden center, not sure what else.

Edit: I’m referring to the bed usability. Would be a nice daily driver at that size.
I think the size of the box being too small is way overblown on CalgaryPuck compared to the real world. I use a truck daily for work in the Foothills Industrial Park and so do a bazillion guys I work with. Not everyone is carrying 4x8 sheets of plywood around. So many trucks are used for throwing dirty/heavy/weird/smelly/greasy/whatever items in that aren't long. I have a hitch-mounted bed extender that was $150 from Princess Auto I use on my F-150 (5'6" bed) that allows me to carry poles and stuff like 10' long. I would not want a 10' bed; the 5'6" bed is way better 99.99999% of the time. The bed on the Maverick is totally fine and if you need a longer bed there are already cheap gizmos on the market that will accommodate you.

This truck is going to become ubiquitous for small businesses and large companies for deliveries, etc. The fuel economy is unbelievable for a truck and the box is all the space you need. Its usefulness goes way beyond trips to the garden centre.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: