View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #594
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
He's a year from retirement so it's not nearly the disaster it would be for a younger player. He supposedly addressed his teammates on a video call this morning. These players are pros so I imagine it will have little effect on the team's performance but I imagine a lot of players may never look at him the same again. I'm surprised of all players he would be that dumb as it's not a lot different than the Vic Fangio comments that racism isn't a problem in football. Best to keep your mouth shut as I don't understand how a white man could declare racism in his sport doesn't exist if he's never worked in it as a colored person.
He's had this stance forever though. He said it at the height of Kap's protest and other QB's like Dak Prescott have said the same. This isn't new for him, not sure why this is suddenly a big problem now. He said he doesn't agree with disrespecting the flag. Never said others couldn't kneel or do whatever, he's talking about himself. If people want to get upset about it that's their problem. The guy also donates millions of dollars to help the City of New Orleans which is majority black so I'd argue he's played an integral role at uplifting black youth, something that actually matters more than posting a black sqaure on insta or other slacktivism.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote