View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #32
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Typical Francis contrarian fluff article. As mentioned above you can argue just getting Peters out of the dressing room removed the dark cloud over the team as a group of talented unshackled players are simply going play better. Now I do believe Ward deserves some credit for some of the improvement but the reality is that there was nowhere to go but up and even Gulutzan could have steered the team to an improved record. It's just really hard to ignore some of his bonehead lineup decisions, terrible in game decisions, and maybe the worst managing of netminders I have seen since Craig MacTavish. In a way settling for Geoff Ward is such a Calgary Flames and Brad Treliving move that fans probably shouldn't be surprised if it happens. There's an unprecedented amount of legit top tier NHL coaches available for hire and I am holding out hope for this organization to man up and finally start making the right decisions, not the convenient ones.

The problem with the bolded part is do any of those coaches want to come to Calgary? Rumours are Laviolette doesn't want to come to Canada. Another rumour is Galant ( my choice for coach) is going to Detroit.

I also think Ward should get some praise for turning the ship around. There was just as much chance that bringing in another coach, when Peters was fired, that it could have gone south. Ward did some good things and some bonehead moves also.Don't get me wrong, i want Gallant in a big way for this team. I just don't see it happening.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote