View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:39 PM   #28
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Francis: Ward should lose interim tag and be hired full-time

But what about using his timeouts[emoji16]

Seriously and as mentioned the only noteworthy snippet from the article is ownership paying a top head coach with Peters already on some sort of buyout.

In the history of the franchise arguably the 3 most recognized coaches with any sort of NHL track record were Bob Johnson, Mike Keenan, and Daryl Sutter (Hartley & the stacked team in CO aside).

Badger Bob proved his knowledge, passion, dedication and had some incredible fortune in Pittsburgh with a team including Super Mario and Jaromir Jagr. HHOF!

Sutter had a chip on his shoulder the size of Mount Assiniboine after being fired during the season in San Jose and he was just what the team needed at that time... too bad he was given the GM duties to ruin it all before lifting the Cup in LA twice! Mic drop...

Keenan had lost his luster and his style was more effective in a past era, but honestly was just abysmal in the playoffs.

I would not go all in on Ward to take this franchise to the promised land, but would try and keep him on staff. I don’t think he can do it as a head coach based on the sample size of 2/3 of a season and what I saw from the team on a consistent basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by iamca; 03-31-2020 at 10:42 PM.
iamca is offline   Reply With Quote