View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #52
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Safer from animals as you're higher up (important with my wife, especially after the CP wolf incident!)
• Being off the ground also offers protection against colder/wet/uneven ground, relatively to tents.
I would disagree that these are Cons relative to a conventional tent. Given the total number of animal attacks at night in campgrounds stands at 1 you are not solving a reasonable fear. It may FEEL safer which might be what you are looking for but since you are driving from campsite to hotel the risk of driving is likely 1000 times greater than any animal risks.

The being off the ground one is really a matter of gear selection and competence. I have never gotten wet camping in a tent. If you use crappy tents and air mattresses as a comparison then your point is certainly valid. But their isn’t a reason ever to be wet or cold or uncomfortable in a car camping tent. If you are you are doing it wrong.

Looking at the design of the Icamper I would be concerned about leakage though the windows and what looks like a skylight. Also I would be concerned with condensation with one wall being the hard plastic roof and limited ability to open windows if it’s raining out. Ideally you would have fly coverage down to the edges with mesh windows that can be opened and allow airflow.

The other thing to look at would be if you can leave your clothes, sleeping pad, bag in your tent when you pack up. Because if you are camping somewhere 2 or 3 nights if you can’t leave all of your stuff in there it would be really annoying.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote