View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #55
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

My opinion used to be that a tablet was just a ridiculous piece of technology that seemed redundant when paired with a decent laptop and a good smart phone. As I've become more and more adapted to working with a touch screen though, I've become more and more interested in the idea of having a larger screen on which to do much of my work.

I still think that tablets are going to be utterly redundant in a matter of a few short years though. I just expect that more mobile devices will be sufficiently advanced that a tablet will be unnecessary. I'm expecting gesture-based technologies and AR with smart phones to take off sufficiently that the best pairing will be to have a really good smart phone and a good, high-powered desktop at home. And for people whose needs are less demanding, I would think that a good smart phone paired with a range of technologies at home that will communicate with the phone will be enough.

For the next couple of years though, carting around a ten inch touch screen doesn't seem so bad.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote