Thread: Star Citizen
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 12:04 AM   #795
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I got a reasonably strong PC (2700X, 1080TI, good ram, ran the game on an SSD) and I gave it a go in November when they had a free fly event going on. Could barely hit 40 FPS on most planets and would usually be in the 23-30 fps range unless I was actually in space flying around then it would normalize to 60. Was playing it at 1440p. Lowering the resolution to 1080p had no effect on my FPS either which was weird, or even lowering settings. It's still in alpha I guess so I didn't get too upset at the low FPS I was getting.

But I did enjoy it for the couple days I messed around with it. There really isn't a lot to do in it yet, so I basically just spent a majority of my time exploring planets/moons and flying around, landing and walking around. Game looks gorgeous though.

I haven't and won't be spending anything on the game until it looks more like actual game. Also I believe they do complete server wipes every 2 or 3 months so that's an instant turn-off right there, but I do keep up to date on the patches/updates that it gets and hop into the game once every year or two to check things out during the free fly events.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote