View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 07:45 AM   #1679
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This could go in the home improvement thread but it probably works best here.

I am doing a DIY project in my basement on an exterior wall which had an old larger style electric fireplace. I have replaced that with a new linear fireplace and since the walls are removed I was thinking about installing speakers.

There is space for a center speaker as there is a small bump out where the old fireplace is but the side speakers (wrong terminology) would be butting up against or close to the foundation wall as the framing is only 2x4s. I will need to redo the vapor barrier as it is but everything I read is don't do in wall speakers (generally) but avoid doing them in exterior walls with limited clearance.

So my other thought was I could wall mount some speakers on the outside of the wall whether they be bookshelf speakers on a mount or speakers meant for that purpose. Are there any good suggestions for my set up/situation.

I can provide more details if they are required. Budget perhaps around $1000.

I will be putting up cement board and some stacked stone tile across the entire wall but not sure that makes a difference aside from wanting to do this right. Picture below, TV will sit somewhere above the fireplace. Only needs minimal clearance with electric fireplace.

Last edited by red sky; 08-28-2021 at 08:00 AM.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote