View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 12:15 AM   #1668
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillGoat View Post
Looking at doing a new build - hoping to crowd source some ideas first.

Won't be developing the basement immediately, so I'll be losing my home theatre setup. The plan for now is to use the bonus room, with say a 65-85" TV, and then eventually do a full home theatre in the basement again. I would still like to wire it for at least 5.1.

Here's the floorplan for the area:

Wondering what the best option for audio is?
- rough-in conduit for wiring that I can fish cable through after and ceiling mount speakers?
- rough-in conduit for wall-mount (Rears are on an outside wall so I'm not sure I want to go that route). Could always have the speaker outlets near the electrical sockets then run wire up the wall or do freestanding or bookshelf speakers
- in-ceiling speakers? It's a tray ceiling, so would likely do 4 (one in each corner for the tray). Downside of that is rear speakers would be slightly in front of the couch.
- Forget the whole thing and do a 2.1 setup with a soundbar, which I've been vocally against in this thread lol.

Thoughts?
I just did a 5.2.4 Dolby atmos system with 120” projector and screen and it’s amazing. I’d run conduit to all spots just in case you want to upgrade later. Don’t go 2:1
stang is offline   Reply With Quote