View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #272
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca View Post
you're right, defence was our biggest hole. I think the moves we made on defence makes that hole smaller though.

the biggest reason of the Canucks free falled last season was when we lost Edler AND Tanev at the same time for long periods of time.

that forced players like Gudbranson, Pouliot, Hutton to play minutes that they weren't capable of.

the injuries hit us hard on defence. Biega played 41 games of us and he's a 7th-8th defenceman, i think every defenceman in Utica played for us at one point lol.

now the Myers and Benn signing imo improves our defence because it means Edler and Tanev will have a lighter work load = healthier season + a full season of Quinn Hughes.

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stecher

vs

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Stecher
Pouliot - Gudbranson
Neither Edler nor Myers is a top pairing d-man. And Hughes is not a 2nd pairing guy at this point in his career. That defense simply doesn't make the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
This is the Sharks' lineup, currently...

Evander Kane - Logan Couture - Timo Meier
Kevin Labanc - Tomas Hertl - Marcus Sorensen?
Lukas Radil - Joe Thornton? - Melker Karlsson
Barclay Goodrow - Jonny Brodzinski - Dylan Gambrell

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Brent Burns
Brenden Dillon - Erik Karlsson
Radim Simek - Dalton Prout
Tim Heed

Martin Jones
Aaron Dell

That barely looks like a playoff team, especially up front (even if they add Marleau, which is no guarantee). The defense is okay but I'm not a fan of Vlasic or Karlsson anymore, both guys are way past their prime and especially Vlasic has one of the worst contracts in the league. And the goaltending is the reigning worst in the league.

They look almost terrible, to be honest.
They have 3 defensemen that are substantially better than the Nucks' best guy. Three! In an 82 game season, that is a massive difference.
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote