View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 07:52 PM   #18
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve been to Ushuaia, (we picked up our Antarctica expedition ship there) you’ll be fine for language, there is a lot of English speakers there. I’m sure the medical people will speak excellent English too.

Hopefully your dad has medical insurance and the insurance company was contacted as soon as possible so they can provide directions on care. What I mean is, they may have certain conditions/requests which should be taken. I don’t think there is much choice for medical facility but they would have a preferred one and, assuming he will get transferred to Santiago or Buenos Aires, provide direction. The sooner they are contacted, the more they are likely to cover. If you haven’t already, contacting them while in the country might be easier.

Let the gate/check in agents for the airline know why you are going. If there was ever an opportunity for them to upgrade you, that would be a good reason. My thinking here is you’re going to be tired from worry and travel and if you can get a more comfortable seat, you may have a better chance for sleeping so you can be a bit more “on” when you eventually get there and need to be alert to help your parents.

For money, US cash is the best currency. The hotel or hospital staff can help facilitate any money conversion you need. It would likely be easiest to give them your US and have them give you Argentinian if you need it. As said above, let your bank know you are going away.

Hope everything goes well and please ask if you need any help/advice.