View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 12:23 PM   #18
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I am a minority too and the whole "chosen one" trope is getting old. Like these characters are all just special and magically solve all their worlds problems because they just naturally have the skills to do it all. There isn't the struggle or character development anymore where they rise through struggle and grow to become an expert or hero... No, these characters can just magically do everything better than everyone else. This is the whole Rey/Michael Burnham magic crap that killed the story telling for both Star Trek and Star Wars.

And representation is one thing, I am all for it if it is done in equal proportions and isn't shoehorned in at the expense of the story and what not.... But can we stop having blanket gender swap or racially recast the entire main character set?
Ordinarily I'd have agreed with you....but when I saw how they did it with Hannibal and it allowed Laurence Fishburne a greater role? I was more than okay with it!

But I get your point. Dont do it for the sake of doing it, make it have a point.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote