View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #650
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I set up a new PC for my GF's dad over the weekend. When I fired it up for the first time to get it set up for him, I was rather surprised to see I was required to create a MS account before even getting started. No worries I suppose, I can do that.

So I get a call from him last night asking WTF his PW was. I was a bit surprised as this guy is not very computer literate so I used the same one he always used but he advises me it's not working. I installed TeamView ahead of time anticipating numerous questions about his new PC. Oddly, using one of the two passwords I'd use for him, I was unable to sign in. I'm sure when setting up the PC, you have to enter the PW twice. Can't imagine how I messed that up twice but anything is possible. This guy does have a looooong history of messing up PC's but can't imagine he has the know how to change his PW so I think maybe this is on me.

What is the simplest way to do this? Some instructions found so far said without an MS account, you can't recover the PW you have to reset the PC. No biggie, new build so not losing anything important but the MS account option intrigued me. Signed into his MS account and no devices are associated with his account. I guess this is something I should have done ahead of time?

Is a reset my only option at this point?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote