Thread: e-cigs
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #218
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Absolutely. There could be so many factors. With e liquids not being well regulated and the vape industry exploding, poorly made nicotine products could be at fault. So could faulty products sold from not so reputable coil/tank/mod makers. And that’s without getting into the long term effects of vape usage and nicotine addiction for teens.

All that being said, I’ve been following the hysteria down south quite closely and 100% of the news reports I’ve read have specifically mentioned cannabis with one or two stories mentioning counterfeit coils purchased on the street.

But that’s always buried at the bottom of the article. The headlines and tv news stories rarely talk about reality and instead do everything in their power to generate clicks and viewers by ignoring that info and focusing on fear, half truths and hysteria.
very true...

i only started vaping (former smoker) cause i was getting stressed at work and didn't want to start smoking again.

it remains to be seen what's the cause, but saying its vaping causing this isn't accurate, as that suggests that using the product as suggested is causing this rather than overuse of modified use of products/mixes that it is not intended for.

while some posters suggest this is similar to what tobacco companies use to argue, the difference was that big tobacco knew there product was dangerous for decades. That hasn't been established with e-cigarette manufacturers.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote