View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 11:47 PM   #13
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
I kind of see where you are coming from, but one guy’s main job is playing the game, the other guy’s main job is using his words.

Sad if “Why are you so pissy?” is the level upon which the guy who is supposed to use his words is operating
Okay, principally I agree with you and was just trying to work 'pissing match' into a quip.

That being said though, while Draisaitl's primary job is playing the game, dealing with media is a part of that job. And it can be as easy or as hard as they want to make it.

They get media training. They know the score. All Draisaitl had to do was shut up or say 'next question.'

Matheson baited him, but he swallowed that bait hook, line and sinker.

And here is the problem. Draisaitl is the news. I couldnt pick Jim Matheson out of a Police Lineup, so the most obvious and visual element of all of this remains Draisaitl.

And Matheson knows it.

Draisaitl got played, but 95% of the Hockey world is going to look at this and think:

"Jim Who?"

"Oh! Leon? That guy that is 3rd in the NHL in points? What a maroon!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: