View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 03:42 PM   #133
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
I think this is very short sighted as just about the second thing you learn about Bill Peters is that he likes to mash up his lines constantly.

The notion that the flames will have a clear-cut top 6 this year is laughable as we should with the depth we now have, be able to roll 9 guys in various combinations.

I believe bennett, lindholm, ryan, neal, thachuk, backlund, and janko will all see significant time playing in various positions in the "top 6"

Bennett should see an uptick in scoring just based solely on the fact that his linemates will no longer be the brouwer, versteeg and hathaway's of the world and more time with skilled players like neal, lindholm, etc.

It's astounding how a guy can just fall from grace around here because a crap coach used him poorly. Sam won't shoot at <5% again this year, that much can basically be guaranteed.
I'm merely referring to another poster really wanting him to be in the top 6 this year, considering that he likely won't be a top 6 LW on this team (would have to pass Tkachuk or Gaudreau on the depth chart) and hasn't played RW at a professional level (and is a left shot). I see him as being more of a top 9 this year, and I do believe that the 1st/2nd lines and 2nd/3rd lines will be largely interchangeable under Peters. Best case scenario for the Flames would be if Bennett wrestled the 1C position away from Monahan, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Last edited by Macindoc; 08-22-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote