View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #57
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought that this could be added to this thread to continue to keep track of his words and actions:

Quote:
Councillor Druh Farrell said, she witnessed “wild parties” in a previous term.

“There have been and I’ve been on councillor for a few terms,” she said. “And there is no mechanism to complain. So when I have complained in the past, I’ve been punished. My wrist has been slapped.”

An angry Sean Chu shot back, saying he doesn’t drink and wondered why the accusation weren’t brought up before.

“You didn’t bring the issue up for how many years? How many years have you been on council? You could’ve,” he said.

Mayor Naheed Nenshi warned him against getting personal.

“Well, your worship, I’m sorry, but she started picking on me first,” Chu argued.
This isn't unexpected behaviour from municipal politics as we often see characters running cities (Rob Ford??). Chu's behaviour is somewhat surprising at times. Here is a bio on Chu found online.

Quote:
Here is a little bit about Sean....

Sean Chu arrived to Calgary from Taiwan after 3 years of military service in 1985 speaking not a word of English, and within 7 years he was a sworn officer with the Calgary Police Service. From that point on Sean has worked with the Calgary Police Service as on Officer for over 19 years. Sean took an even more extensive role in contributing to his community by working with many boards and volunteer associations in an effort to be a bridge-builder for the many groups that make Calgary such a diverse neighborhood. The two most important areas that Sean has focused on in his community work is helping new immigrants feel welcome in their new community, while focusing on issues that affect seniors. All while raising two young daughters Jasmine & Sienna.

Here is a brief snapshot of some of his community work:

Member of the Premier's Calgary Advisory Committee.
Member of the Sien Lok Society.
Advisor to the Calgary Chinese Merchant Association.
Volunteer Board member of local PC Constituency Associations.
Homecare support for a person with a disability.
Recipient of Alberta Centennial Medal for outstanding community service.
2 terms as director of Federation of Calgary Communities.
3 terms as director of Foundations for the Future Charter Academy.
Volunteer regularly at his daughters' school.
Recipient of Calgary Police Service Distinguished Service Award.
Volunteers regularly for the Nose Creek Sports and Rec Association (Cardel Place), Sandstone MacEwan Community Association and the Schizophrenia Society of Alberta Calgary Chapter.
http://www.calgaryrants.com/2012/01/...h-west-pc.html
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote