View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #42
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Sometimes the first round is the hardest or most unpredictable. After that, the better teams normally play to their capabilities?
Agree with this. First round has always been tough.
But not get run over by a wild card team while fawning over one player like he's jesus tough.

If the Flames had lost a tight series in 7 or even 6 games the reaction would have been different. Instead they rolled out the red carpet for Mackinnon and were more than willing to leave the series without remembering they are NHL players too and can actually push back.

I mentioned it before but Gio's interview at the end of the series spoke volumes to me about the team's mentality. Love what he did this year but gushing over an opposition player like there's nothing you can do about it was kind of disappointing.

This team won their cup when the clinched the conference and weren't ready for the playoffs, at all.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote