View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 08:52 AM   #36
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Why are they now learning? Why weren't they learning before?

I was told that the 2019 team was fundamentally more powerful than the 2017 team, which was supposed to be running a much more dependable system than the 2015 team, which was the most successful team I've ever seen because they only lost in the second round in 5.

That's pretty sad. I'm tired of all the losing. It's embarrassing and almost unmatched. The 2020 Flames can go all-out, they can land whomever they want in UFA, but I will not expect them to have any success until they actually show up for once and do it. It's not like I owe them any dedication -- I've been watching them for twelve years now and they still haven't won a single regulation game past the first round. The only other teams to achieve that miserly distinction in that timeframe are the Florida Panthers and the Toronto Maple Leafs, but at least those teams have first-overall talents.
There's randomness to playoff hockey that nobody can put a finger on.

If you're team isn't properly constructed you don't make the playoffs so it's a moot point anyway. If it is and they fall on their face repeatedly then you have to question leadership and character for sure.

This year's team was the best regular season team we've seen in Calgary in 35 years ... that's a step in the right direction under any measure.

What happened in the playoffs may be a sign that the team is flawed for playoff hockey, or a matter of learning. Up to you, won't tell you how to think.

But just like the 2004 team had no business winning three rounds, the Flames likely deserved better in 2017 than a sweep, but got what they deserved this Spring.

Who are they next year is why Treliving is paid the big bucks.

But I don't see Flames history as having any bearing at all.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: