View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 08:10 AM   #29
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
The average fan really does not like Neal.

I would give him another year before completely writing him off.
I'm willing to give him another chance. Hoping for the best. But expecting the worst. There are countless examples of players throughout NHL history who have put themselves in a bidding war as a 30+ UFA, gotten themselves a nice overpaid contract, only to fail to live up to it and become an albatross to the team.

And it's not just the Flames who have done this. It's every single NHL team at some point. So really I hope Neal can bounce back. But I fully expect him to continue to just plain ol' suck. He's not a Selanne or an Iginla who have shown they can bounce back after down seasons. The playoffs were supposed to be his on-switch. Other then a few hits here or there, he did SFA. 19 points during the regular season. 0 points in the playoffs. A non-factor most nights. Sadly, he's our Lucic.

In the unlikely event he magically bounces back, you still trade his ass if his value is decent. But I'm pretty much done with being fooled on UFA day by these big name, 30+ year old players who never seem to show up when it matters.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: