View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #50
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Hotel housekeeping is probably one of the groups I tip the most, but I'll be in the same room for weeks at a time and I don't take it easy on them either. Plus a lot of the time if I tip they do something extra for you, there's been numerous times I've come back to find all my laundry done and put away, or all my dishes clean if it's a kitchen room.
That's what tipping should be, incentive to go that extra mile.

Ive been a supporter of tipping servers in the past but now with the new minimum wage I've scaled my tipping back a lot as well. If it's a place where there was no incentive to go the extra mile, like fast food, screw that no tip for you
Dishes done in a room with a kitchen is part of the housekeeping services though... As for the laundry, don't you pay for the laundry to be done? If they're doing it for free, then I'd agree that's above and beyond, otherwise, not sure if that itself is deserving of a tip.

On a related note, most hotels these days give you the option of "going green" where your room isn't cleaned and the sheets are not changed. I'm sure this has effectively reduced the tips that housekeeping receives these days.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote