View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 05:17 AM   #222
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's my profile of Halaburda from last year:

-5'11",181lb RW Ty Halaburda is another one of those "not elite in any one thing, but good at everything" types, scoring 21 goals and 37 points in 66 games for the second-worst offensive team in the WHL, the Vancouver Giants. He added 3 points in 7 games for Team Canada in the U-18's. Halaburda's calling card is his speed, being one of Vancouver's fastest players, but he also has an uncommon motor, and a refined off-puck game. Some consider him one of the top penalty-killers in the league, but he is trusted in all situations. Off the puck, he is intense-chasing down puck-carriers, and working to limit time, space, and opportunity for opponents. He will not be outworked, plays physically, and never takes a shift off. Defensively, he is mature and well-rounded, with excellent awareness and anticipation, and he clogs lanes, and blocks shots with aplomb. He's a pest, and causes many turnovers. He is fairly calm and patient when carrying the puck, keeping his head up to scan for options, but his creatvity has not been shown to be high-end- he keeps things simple and workman-like. Halaburda will go to to the greasy areas, and will crash the net looking for opportunities, and he does get pretty good velocity on his shot. I like this kid, and I feel like he's the type to put up much bigger numbers in his D+1 year and beyond. I think he could one day be in an NHL team's bottom-6. 4th-6th round.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post: