View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 06:23 PM   #674
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Although I know I've said it before, but Barca mortgaged their future and are going to be in a ton of trouble down the road, but I think Juve is going to be the first major club to either go insolvent or sell their souls to the Saudis.

No CL money this season means they are going to be in serious financial trouble.
One would think. In watching Chelsea after Abramovich I would've expected the same. Instead, they somehow were allowed to just ignore that pesky little $1.5b debt they had though. Then Boehly (who has plenty of Saudi ties) rolls in and just buys anyone and everyone for crazy deals. This time it's going to catch up, right? Well, the Saudis come in and buy guys to get them out of jail again. It's just preposterous.

So, sure. Juventus should be in trouble. Somehow though, shady dealings will find a way!

And really, that scenario is weird. Like they nailed Juventus and I guess that was obvious. But they did these deals with other teams, and all those clubs were in the up and up, completely unaware? I'll admit, I didn't really follow this, but that doesn't seem like it makes any sense.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote