View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #54
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I listed 4 tickets to the Oilers game on November 17th on Ticketmaster. My price I wanted to take home was $100 per ticket, or $200 per pair. Ticketmaster listed the tickets at $112 per ticket, so ticketmaster is effectively charging me a 12% fee to list. That's fine. Ticketmaster also charges the purchaser a $24.36 per ticket charge to purchase the tickets. The final purchase price by the purchaser was $545.44. I get the $400 I was after, and Ticketmaster receives $145.44 for facilitating the transaction.

If I was able to list my tickets here, I'd still be requesting the $100 per ticket price. Buyers would be able to pay $400 for 4 tickets. They would be able to save $145.44 by purchasing them here, instead of purchasing them at Ticketmaster. I just don't get how people are against this. Sellers still get the price they are looking for; buyers get a lower price; there are more tickets available to CP members. This seems like a win-win-win.

The face value for this game is $84 + $6.25 in Ticketmaster fees. Ticketmaster fees are not allowed to be charged on CP.

If people are truly against selling above face value, which changes each game, then shouldn't they also be against selling below face value? If I'm selling a ticket on CP for $50 to a Nashville game and $100 per ticket for an Oilers game, that averages to $75 per ticket. That's below face value. There are less premium games throughout the year. I would say of the 41 home games there are 13 premium games and 28 non premium games. If I were to sell all 41 games the 13 premium games would be about $100 per ticket and the 28 non premium games would be $50 per ticket. This would mean total revenue of $2,700 per ticket for all 41 games, or $65.85 per ticket. The lowest tier game for my section (green) has a face value of $66 + 6.25 in ticketmaster fees. If I sell at the above breakdown, then I've sold for less than face value, based on the lowest tier. This is well below face value of all 41 games when you add in the 3 higher tiers.

I think it's hypocritical to only focus on, and shame, sellers for taking a premium price for premium games, but not look at how many more games get discounted. When you look at the season as a whole, it still comes in under face value, which is still an arbitrary number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point

Last edited by squiggs96; 09-15-2018 at 03:37 PM.
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post: