View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #49
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Lol leading the charge, Squiggs you poor thing.

If you want to keep wasting your time year after year bringing this topic up be my guest it’s been working out great for you so far.

I have 4 green seats I could easily sell for above face value and would never think to try making money off the backs of the rest of CP members.

It’s unfortunate you think it’s your birth right and every season at some point the drum of your first world problems starts beating.

I don’t see this one changing, so maybe sit back in that million dollar house on the island and let this one go.

I didn't bring up the topic. I'm post #26 in the thread. Others brought it up, but I joined in the discussion. I've got lots of time. Don't worry about how I spend it. I also don't need your permission to talk about it.

Remember when people were against the zipper merge? People continued to bring it up. Now almost everyone here agrees the zipper merge is correct. Change doesn't happen immediately. Change can take time, and an open dialogue is key. There are now more people open to the idea of allowing tickets to be sold over face value, including moderators. There have been suggestions on how to regulate it. It may not happen this week, but I'm optimistic we see it in the near future.

In no way do I think it's my birthright to sell tickets above face value on CP. This is one more instance, in an incredibly long list, where you are wrong. FYI, as we live in Canada, all of our problems are first world problems. I've also never said it was a problem. I've mentioned many times before that I don't have a problem selling on ticketmaster, a fact you can't wrap your head around.

Just because you don't see it changing, doesn't mean it won't. I also don't live on an island, and there is no such thing as a million dollar house in my neighbourhood.

Quote:
More often than not yes. I don’t think anyone has an issue with people recouping face value of seats.

In my opinion I’m the lucky one to have season tickets, if I can’t own them without “scalping them” for greater than face value maybe I shouldn’t have them.

I follow the rules of the board, choosing not to “stomp my feet” in self interest.

So it's okay to sell for above what you paid, just as long as it's not above the arbitrary number printed on the ticket? That's akin to speeding down the Deerfoot, but complaining about people going faster than you, except speeding is illegal and selling above face value is not.

I also follow the rules of the board. I don't post any tickets here above face value. I list them on other sites that permit me to, and I follow their rules. I don't stomp my feet. I have discussions about things I feel would benefit the board. As I've said many times, there are games I look to get a certain price. If I can get that price here, and a CP member would be able to spend much less buying the tickets here as opposed to ticketmaster or stubhub, then that looks like a win for all. If other STHs are also allowed to list tickets above face value, then the supply will reduce the prices. It might even lead to me selling for less than I could on ticketmaster. I'm fine if that happens. No one should ever feel bad for me if I can't get a price I desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Not at all what I said.

I misunderstood what you said. Apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote