View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 12:08 PM   #2756
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I used to feel the same way until I stopped thinking about a phone as just a 'phone', which was hard considering the Nokia brick I had as my first mobile. Phones haven't been just phones for a long time.

People spend that kind of money on laptops all the time, and you could make the case that -- for people these days -- a mobile phone does as much if not more for them than a laptop could, and in a more practical form factor for regular on-the-go use. Even if you get a laptop with a cellular radio built-in (I have a Surface Go LTE), you still can't use it for placing voice calls over the cellular network, it's strictly data. And just because I have the Android subsystem on my Surface, I'm not gonna run around paying for city parking with an app on my laptop.

Now, there's a discussion to be had about people switching their phones every year or two which is expensive and unnecessary in the same way buying a new laptop every year or two would be expensive and unnecessary. Difference is that we don't have our carriers trying to shove a new laptop down our throats every chance they get.
fair comment.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote