View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #11
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn, that trailer looks good. I'm excited. Square doesn't want an exact copy of the original with better graphics, they want the remake to feel like it's own game so I'm not surprised about the change in combat.

Don't have a problem with it being action-based, as long as there's a strategy element to it and you can freely switch between characters, which looks to be the case. It also looks like you might be able to custom assign items and attacks to each button.

I liked FFXV and think it had some good things going for it, but parts of it felt incomplete. I wish the combat required the use of every character from the player. The story could've done a better job with developing the characters outside of the main cast and some of the maps were underwhelming. I wonder how much better it could have been had they stuck to it's original FF Versus concept.

The FF7 story is already great and it sounds like Square has so much content for this game (which is why they're splitting it into multiple parts) so I'm not worried about them getting the details and the maps right.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote