Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I purchased the gateway a couple weeks ago and it has been great. The price difference was quite minimal from the single HDPVR, so it made sense. The install was very simple even though we didn't have a coax outlet in the room with the second tv- there was one in the room next to it, which made it easy to feed a line over. I subscribe to Movie Central, and the SOD movie central menu has considerably more movies than my old pvr. SOD loading times were awful with the old box, very fast on the gateway.

I'm still getting used to the new guide, menu, PVR settings, but some small complaints I have are-

1/ There is no "exit" button on the controller. May not seem like a big deal, but it is annoying having to press "menu" several times to get out of menu, pvr or sod. 2/ It still lists all the channels that I do not subscribe to, even though I was told it would not- perhaps there is some way I can customize this? 3/ my bill is outrageous, but it always has been, so whatever. I essentially pay 200 a month without any SOD rentals. I have telephone, internet, and the large tv bundle.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote