View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #2526
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
You can certainly think that way.

It's a pretty cut and dried (and depressing) way to look at things in my mind.

The Flames are trying to win now, and have been for a few years. Trading their 7th best forward out of some doctrine for futures in a window doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Beyond that ... you don't find words like toxic a little over the top?
I'm not saying futures, I'm talking about winning now.

You aren't going to get significant futures for Bennett at this point because the flames have held on too long for that. But you could probably package Bennett with some futures and get back a very good middle 6 winger or centre to help address the obvious deficiency which Bennett isn't helping you with.

That boat has sailed. Bennett is not going to be a top 6 forward which is what they drafted him to be and where they are desperate at this point for assistance. So use Bennett while you still can to get that player and help your team win now.

I don't think Bennett is a toxic asset, I'm saying move him before he becomes one. The clock is ticking on his value. He's worth less today than he was on June 27th and the flames desperation for a top 6 player has only gotten worse.

I don't want to package him with a 1st round pick next year to get a player, I want to package him with a 2nd round pick this year to get a player.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote