View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 03:00 PM   #1135
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
They have announced however that their new Marvel TV series on Disney+ will be interwoven into the MCU and things that happen in the shows will have an affect on the movies.

However these series are set up as mini series akin to Band of Brothers, a set number of episodes with a clearly defined start and finish. Not a meandering multi season nothing much happens each episode format as we've seen in their other shows.
I think Marvel will have to be somewhat careful after Avengers: End Game. I have loved what they have done over the last 11 years but I do think they have a risk of "burn out" after the arc comes to an end.

Depending on how this all ends...it may be tough to keep the momentum going to a new story and a new set of super heroes.

I honestly think it is super smart that they are taking a year off after End Game (not including Sony's Spiderman) and think that an even longer break wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I think some of the mini series will be more like origin stories set before the current MCU. So while they’ll be tied in, likely only to past events and thus not really affecting the movies much outside of building character.
I think this is the right move.

Establish series that provide more context and back story for those die hard fans, but nothing that will take away from the experience or story for those that just want to watch the Cinematic Universe.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote