View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 12:28 PM   #1133
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Will Smith will not be returning for SS2. They are not sure if they will just not include Deadshot or recast. So no Affleck, Smith, Sndyer, Ayer, and most likely Cavill. As Alfred says in JL " I dont recognize this world anymore". Add to the fact that WB is making their films more stand alone and less connected, my interest in the DC universe is much less than it was 1 year ago.
I would way rather have non-interlocked universes that occasionally come together. I'm more excited about DC's slate then I was for the last few years.

The myth behind what marvel did is that it is one universe built on a plan. In reality there were very few movies in which the universe at large actually affected the universe. It isn't really until Avengers II that there is meaningful movie to movie plot and then its only Civil War, Infinity War, End Game that you need to see the other movies to really enjoy. To enjoy and understand those 4 you need to see a bunch of the run up but you can enjoy the other movies as stand alone works.

A good example is Thor 3. It is critical to watch this movie to understand where the pieces are for Infinity War but you can watch Thor 3 as long as you know Thor is a Norse God. How Hulk got to the planet really doesn't matter, or why Loki was impersonating the king doesn't really matter. Its a good stand alone movie. Same with Black Panther, Good stand alone movie but if you watched IW without seeing it you would be lost.

DC forgot how to make comic book crossover events. You have good stand alone books that loosely know of each others existence but stand alone. Then every few years you bring everyone together for a cool event.

So DC going to one offs with Aqua Man, the new flash, new WW, new Joker is good news. You can bring them together later on once you have successful individual movies.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote