View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #34
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks guys. Think I'm making some progress here.

Think I've got the MakeMKV part sorted out. Where I was going wrong was the pre-select I was using with Handbrake. I noticed that that audio pre-set was ACC Stereo. Changed that to Pass Through and that has made a significant difference. Still have to turn the volume up a hair but nowhere near as much as I did before and the surround sound was very noticeable. Something still seems a bit off, center channel isn't "popping" as much as I'd like.

Dobbles:
Just before calling it a night last night, I did notice that there was a pre-select optimized for Chromecast. I think that is very much worth trying. My TV's aren't a hell of a lot newer but even with the 4gig file for Iron Man, I thought the picture looked pretty damn good but would rather the file size was closer to what DownInFlames is after. 10-15 Gig/movie would be ideal. With a 4TB NAS drive, that should be plenty for quite a large library of movies.

One thing I noticed last night that I absolutely geeked over was the data Plex downloads in the background. With movies for instance, all you have to do is get the films name and year right and the amount of info it downloads in the background is awesome. Like 9 different movie posters! That's extremely cool.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 05-07-2019 at 10:12 AM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post: