View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #53
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
That's kind of the point though.
I don't think people generally have an issue with cops using deadly force where there is an immediate, and real threat to themselves or another person. Sure that's something that "May" happen, but the real issue is the IMMEDIATE part.

Someone holding a gun to a hostage is an immediate threat. Go ahead and shoot him for what he may do.

Someone running away from a cop with a non-deadly weapon is not an immediate threat, nor is he any type of mortal threat at that point.
The guy from 8 can't wait, which GGG had referred to previously, framed it best I think. He asked, in what circumstances would you accept a loved one being killed by the police? While there might be some disagreement as to what is an immediate threat, most situations would be pretty simple. Active shooter situation? Check. Rushing a police officer, whether armed or not (as in a suicide by police situation), I think so. Traffic violation? Not so much.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.