View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 04:40 PM   #86
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
That's a little rude towards Bingo, imo. You're saying you would take it seriously if it was your project, but not here because this is just for fun.

I'm pretty sure Bingo puts a lot of work and effort into this and wants it to be as accurate as possible. There's off the board, but Klimchuk isn't a serious 1st pick from any knowledgeable fan and you are one.

waits for cecil to offer a contrarian point
I didn't mean any offense to Bingo. I'm just putting a different spin on how I approach these rankings. Instead of pure upside or value, I'm voting based on how NHL-ready I perceive these prospects to be. Based on my viewings of Stockton, Klimchuk has stood out to me as the team's most complete two-way prospect who not only has first-round pedigree but also five years' experience since his draft year. Every time I watch him, I'm impressed, and I think it's a shame that he's been perceived as having been passed by so many players. Unlike a guy like Shinkaruk, I think that Klimchuk still has the upside to fulfill his first-round billing, and based upon the criteria that I've chosen to approach this poll with, I feel like he's the Flames' best prospect to watch this season. For reference, I think a guy like Mangiapane still has serious obstacles to overcome before being an NHL mainstay -- namely, I don't think he's great in his own zone and didn't impress in his call-up last year. Andersson is another really ready prospect but in general I tend to prefer forwards to defensemen which is why I leaned towards Klimchuk.

And so it's clear, thank you to Bingo for running this once again. I love having these debates every year because a poll like this offers a number of different ways of approaching rankings.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: