Thread: Draft Re-caps
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #17
Quigz17
Scoring Winger

Exp:

53 - Kirill Marchenko
The Leafs GM (at the many protests of his wife) spent an exorbitant amount of money flying to Russia to scout this player, and had him ranked in the top 20, so were pleasantly suprised to see him fall to us at #53. The Leafs GM may have planted a rumour that he sells drugs to kids. Like Steve Yzerman with Kucherov, the Leafs do not shy away from Russian players because the KHL might be a threat. At 6'3 as a 17-year-old, his size and skill are intriguing. When he fills out, he may be a steal.

107 - Martin Fehervary

Another guy who went later than I thought he would, and I think will play in the NHL, so at this stage, why not? There have been many great players named Martin in league history, such as Brodeur.... and so on. It's also worth noting that Goff wanted both Marchenko and Fehervary, so even if they both end up homeless bums, causing Goff even the briefest moment of disappointment was worth it.

115 - Marcus Westfalt

The Leafs feel nobody is more prepared to step onto a bigger stage than young players who compete in the Swedish Elite League. I was ecstatic to get this future superstar with the 115th pick. Gretzky's records are in serious jeopardy.

120 - Giovanni Vallati

What more can be said about this guy? On the top of everyone's boards, he fell drastically after his family's frozen pizza business' horrendous scandal in 2016. To me, Italian sausage is Italian sausage, regardless of what animal is actually used. It's all about the spices. The Leafs figure to slot him into the top pairing by December.

I don't want my phone blowing up with fans and well-wishers congratulating me on my amazing draft, so let's all take a moment of silence to appreciate the hard work and tactical genius that went into these picks.............

Thank you!
Quigz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Quigz17 For This Useful Post: