View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 06:49 AM   #4004
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Most places of employment have, at the very least, some measures for compliance.

Whether its cameras or firewalls or going all the way to software on employee's computers or even if its just time-clocks to make sure their employees are there.

The fact is...Police shouldnt be afraid of Body-Cams or being recorded...they should welcome it. It should be concrete validation for them.

The fact that it isnt...well that appears to be largely on them. And its telling.

But hell...the eyes of the entire world are on Police right now and they are acting like they couldnt care less.

Jackbooting into protests, pepper spraying and tear-gassing people seemingly with complete abandon. All while the world watches.

Thats the thing though and I think MBates said it well. We watch, but we dont demand action. They've been caught red-handed now, over and over and over and over and they just continue completely unabated and unfazed.

No actual, real consequences.

And it kills me to think this way. I've rarely had anything but respect for the Police but this type of behaviour cannot be allowed to continue and it appears all reasonable and moderate avenues have been exhausted and I have learned that perhaps a large part of my positive interactions have to do with the colour of my skin.

Boots have to be put to asses. Asses which are used to being those wearing those boots. Its going to be painful. Its going to be humiliating. I dont think anyone wants any of those things to be attributed to Police. I dont want to hurt them. I dont want to humiliate them. I want to respect them. Again. But its been lost and I feel as though we're being left with little other choice.

Whatever happened to 'To Protect and Serve?'

Instead of our Protectors and Friends that they were supposed to be, they've turned into the Bullies they were supposed to protect us from.

But we let them.
Great post! This situation is untenable right now. Something has to be done.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post: