View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #2155
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
You have to assume white walkers can't swim. So the wall likely goes right up to the water. It has worked for a long time, but now they'll find a way somehow. Maybe the coldest winter in memory will freeze the water? Or maybe a bridge made out of zombies? It doesn't sound like the wall is coming down like I once thought.

And holy cow! That trailer gave away a major plot point that has been simmering for seven years.
If the plan is to go around, I would assume they will either use boats or they'll actually invade eastwatch and overtake the castle. Although using the water by turning it to ice is a possibility.

While we never saw it in great detail, going around the wall has been discussed on several occasions. Jon learned about it before he went over the wall with Ygritte and gang. It also came up when they went to Hardhome to rescue all the stranded wildlings.

I believe the wall should come down. Not only would it make great TV as a spectacle but it has been discussed numerous times that small holes don't matter much because it would take too long to get everyone through. Not to mention the symbolism of the great wall coming down and how it would represent #### never being the same in Westeros.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote