View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 07:51 PM   #85
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I know Saul claimed he only knew Of Gus, but we also know he lies through his teeth a lot. I think he denied actually knowing him because he came to realize (maybe through some past encounter involving Mike) just how powerful he was, so when Walt asked for specifics, he denied having any knowledge in order to protect himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by To Be Quite Honest View Post
Or he's distancing himself, ... because he's a lawyer.
Could be, but I take it at face value. And as for Saul lying, I can't really think of too many times he did. Not like Walter for example. Saul, as greasy as he was/is, was one of the more moral characters in the show. He even took Walter to task for his move with Brock.

Actually, often when Saul did lie, it was on behalf of one of the other characters (usually Walt). Racking my brain here to think of a time he did it for his own reasons. I'm sure it happened, but nothing is sticking out at me.

Just personally, I wouldn't like it if they did introduce Gus again, or if Saul knew him. Prequels and origin stories just kill the original canon when they do stuff like that. Not to mention if feels like it's just an attention/ratings grab. Maybe I'm in the minority. Gus was one of the coolest characters in the show, and one of the great villains of modern television, but I'd leave him where he belongs. In fact, bringing him into it could ruin how cool he was.

There's a lot of stories they could explore without involving all the characters from Breaking Bad.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote