View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 08:10 AM   #1412
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it would be tough to find one in store. They all make some noise, which I think would bother me a bit, even if it were quieter.

I did consider sending it back to Optoma, but it was a warehouse deal and was already missing the air filter and was a bit marred up on the top. Not something I care about all that much for the discount I got, but I'd worry they may have thought I treated it poorly. I also found out in the service menu it already had about 150 hours on it, not the 60 it showed on the lamp, which means someone reset it before sending it back, then someone else did not, so I'm probably the third person with this. Someone may have even registered it already, so all that made me more wary about sending it to them, and honestly I just didn't want all that hassle. Particularly if they said it was normal, and by the time I get it back the Amazon return period would have expired, then I'd be stuck with it.

I also just don't think cheap 4k projectors are there yet, the more I read about them. I'd rather wait a few years for the issues to get sorted out. At $850, the HD27HDR that works well sounds better than $1500 for the 4k on that has issues.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote