View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #58
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Does anyone else just not give a damn what other people think of their footwear choices?
This is where I end up as well. My personal philosophy has always been about doing what you want up until it impacts other people. Somebody wearing something stupid looking doesn’t _actually_ impact you. If it does you might be calibrated a little too tightly, but that’s ok. Just as it’s ok to wear crocs and not care, it’s ok to spend your afternoon churning over somebody else’s decision. It feels like an odd expenditure of energy when we all have that in limited supply, but none of this matters anyways.

For me with footwear smell is a huge factor. That certainly impacts others around you. I never understood people who spend tons to look good and then they just reek all the time because they spent $200 on bacteria traps for their feet.

I have camping crocs and I’ve never found anything better. They don’t smell, they don’t wear out, there’s air flow, you can walk through a river and they’re dry in 10 minutes, and you can fully drop an axe on your foot and be totally fine. Hell, you could probably get away with accidentally chopping into a croc and it would just bounce off.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote